Technology Help Desk
Help Desk Email
By continuing to use the Glasscock County ISD WiFi system, you agree to be bound by theGlasscock County ISD Acceptable Use Policy.
Glassock County ISD provides WiFi access to all members of Glasscock County ISD and approved guests. All traffic is monitored and recorded. App usage is also tracked. Usage requires that a security certificate is installed on your device - the certificate is located at the bottom of this page. Please download and install the certificate on your device.
If you do not have this certificate installed, when using Glasscock County ISD's WiFi, you may not be able to access certain websites.
If you are a student or staff and you are experiencing problems on your provided device, please contact your Technology Coordinator.
Security Certificate Installation Instructions
- Click on the certificate within Safari.
- You will be redirected to the Install Profile option in the iOS settings.
- Click Install in the upper right corner and enter your password if it prompts.
- You will be prompted with a warning message, click Install in the top right and click Install one last time when it prompts.
- Download the certificate. Open with defaults.
- At the Name the certificate screen give the certificate a name (whatever you like) and press the OK button.
MacOS (requires administrator credentials)
- Download and click on the certificate.
- You will be prompted to add the certificate to a keychain.
- Choose System for the Keychain and click Add
- Enter administrator credentials
- Find the certificate (should be labeled Network Security), right click and choose Get Info.
- Under Trust, choose Always Trust for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Exit the dialog box and enter administrator credentials one more time.
- Go to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access. You can also use Spotlight and search for Keychain Access
- Select (System) and click on File > Import Items.
- Locate the certificate that was downloaded and click ok.
- If you are still having problems after installing the certificate, you may need to trust the certificate. Find and right click on the certificate, click Get Info. Under Trust, change the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) setting to Always Trust
- Click on the certificate and click open. Locate and click Install Certificate.
- Choose Current User and click Next.
- Choose Place all certificates in the following store. Click Browse and locate and choose Trusted Root Certification Authority.
- Click Next and then Finish
For an alternate method:
- Press the Windows Logo Key () or the search icon and type certificate. Choose Manage User Certificates.
- Right Click on Trusted Root Certification Authority > All Tasks > Import
- Click Next and then click Browse and locate the certificate to Import.
- Click Next and then Finish
Firefox handles certificates differently than other browsers. If you are wanting to use Firefox, then you will need to install the certificate from inside the browser.
- Open Firefox and click on the Settings Menu in the top right corner
- In the menu on the right, click on Privacy and Security
- Locate the Certificates section and click on View Certificates
- Click Import
- Locate and select the certificate you downloaded and click OK
*If you are a student or staff member, look for Firefox Fix in Kat Apps for the certificate and instructions*
For unmanaged Chromebooks
- Go to Settings > Privacy and security > Manage Certificates
- Click on Import, locate the Certificate and click Open.
For managed Chromebooks
- You will need to contact the person responsible for managing your chromebooks and have them push out the certificate to your device.
- In the Google Admin console go to Device Management > Network > Certificates.
- Locate the OU (Organizational Unit) you wish to push the certificate out to and click Add Certificate
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the GCKats Technology Helpdesk (email@example.com)